Friday, May 11, 2012

Nepal, South Asia; -Binod Kharel

Hi everyone,
I had a great time this spring doing internship in Nepal. It was a life time experience. I would recommend every one to have this experience during the college life. My internship has helped me solidify my career about working in the clinical field. Dealing directly with the patients, getting to help them, learning about their health conditions, running their sample tests, understanding and interpreting their results has built my confidence about the clinical lab sciences program. As I am about to enter the program this fall, I believe that I have extra benefits over other students. I have been in the real world, faced challenges and gained much more knowledge about the profession and how I can contribute to promote a better society. The best part was getting to do a research in my own village. I was able to work between the villagers and come up with an idea that needs to be seriously addressed to raise the health status of the people. As I plan on doing Physician Assistant program in the future, this research will directly help me when I return because I now know the areas that needs to be focused . I have developed an understanding about what measures can be taken to lessen the burden of my villagers.

-Binod

No comments:

Post a Comment