Friday, May 11, 2012

Murray, UT; Intermountain Medical Center (IMC); -James Tollefson

I had a wonderful experience while interning in the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation center of the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. I loved working along with exercise therapists helping patients recover from heart attacks, pulmonary embolisms, open heart surgeries, angioplasty, and other heart and lung procedures. We helped them by closely monitoring their blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, heart rate, and heart rhythms before, during and after exercise. I also was able to work in the intensive care unit where we would take patients out to walk after their heart and lung operations. This was especially eye-opening as I was able hold all of the different wires and tubes that were connected to patients as we would walk around the hospital floor. I learned about the procedures that were performed and why they needed them. I felt sorry for the patients who had spent weeks in the hospital and were anxious to leave.

For more information visit: intermountainhealthcare.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment