Friday, May 11, 2012

Job-Shadowing Intern; Andrew Swenson

As a job-shadowing intern, I have had a marvelous experience learning more about the medical profession. I have been shadowing a physician who specializes in Internal Medicine. Not only have I learned about what this job entails, but I have also learned about the importance of the doctor-patient relationship, and how positive, personable interaction can make the difference. The physician that I shadow happens to be a female. I feel like I lucked out here because there aren't too many female physicians in the Valley. I shadowed a male physician last year, and it has been interesting to compare and contrast how each doctor takes care of their patients. The doctor I shadow currently is always looking out for me, which I appreciate. She is good at taking time to explain things to me. I learn something new each time I am in her office. I am grateful to her for this experience, and I am not looking forward to it ending. In the future, I hope to be the kind of doctor she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment