Friday, May 11, 2012

Temuco, Chile; Centro de Genómica Nutricional Agro Acuícola; -Seth Doughty

Last summer I had the opportunity to work as an intern for the Centro de genómica nutricional agro acuícola in Chile. It was a fantastic experience. Working in the lab full time helped me to enhance my research skills and also gave me an insight into how biology advances in a more commercial setting. I left Chile feeling more confident in my understanding and capability in regards to both the principles and the techniques. In addition the opportunity to leave Provo, and live in a foreign country, provided me the opportunity to learn about a new culture as well as to make new friends. I feel like my world-view was enhanced through this opportunity and I am sure that it is something that I will never forget. Plus, I am pretty sure as grad schools have looked at my applications, an internship in Chile was something that helped me to stand further apart.

For more information visit: http://www.cgna.cl/index.php?id=13&L=1

No comments:

Post a Comment