Wednesday, August 19, 2015

University of Utah Medical Center, CARMA

The last year of volunteering with CARMA has been an exceptional opportunity. I have met many amazing people, learned a couple great new skills, and expanded my knowledge of the medical research world immensely. The first six months were hard trying to accustom myself to CorView and to my team, complete my training, and try to figure out a good schedule to get up to Salt Lake but I enjoyed every moment and all the stress was worth it in the end. The last six months have been awesome, especially these last couple summer months that I’ve just been able to dedicate myself entirely to working with my team.

 I always knew that there is need for repetition in science to confirm a study, but I never realized how hard it is to work through all that repetition wondering if it is going to produce a result. Part of it is fun and exhilarating, but it’s mostly just stressful! The significance of this experience for me has been a big one. I feel like I have boosted my self-esteem when it comes to making a difference, being knowledgeable about something, and working on a team. Seeing something that I’m doing have a direct impact on the health of others is very rewarding and something I hope to do all my life. I also came to know some things about myself. I realized that, although I like many aspects research, I miss the face to face interactions that come with working in other areas of the medical field. I spent many hours alone in the office working on whatever project was at hand and I always felt a relief to get out and about afterwards.

 I think the biggest benefit that this internship has had for me is that it has helped me realize that I can do great things. I can be a part of an idea that makes a difference for others. I can think of new ways to improve healthcare. I can work in an important team. I wouldn’t trade this experience, if feel like it has really shaped my life in a very wonderful way.
-Tyson 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Very Useful information Thank you!!
    TTWB_ provides Product, Learning & Marketing content specific for Life sciences, healthcare & pharmaceutical, and corporations

    for them to create and manage content from different departments, business lines & divisions. A lot of this content is procedural

    and regulatory. TWB_ has a deep understanding of domain and helps these companies to create differentiation, provide consistency and

    reuse, or minimize translation and publishing costs.
    Life sciences, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technical Content Writing

    ReplyDelete