Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bethesda, MD: TBI Research At USUHS -Joseph


Snap-frozen mouse brain being sectioned
in a Cryostat at 40µm.
Mouse being exposed to a moderate
 dose of HIFU.













This summer I worked in a lab of military medical school in Maryland just north of DC called Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS). I helped explore the impact of low and moderate non-penetrating blast induced Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) after exposure to stress (restraint) in mice. It was wonderful exposure to lab life and how research works.  It also was quite difficult and I felt like my learning curve the entire summer was quite steep. I would highly recommend it though to those interested in getting a PhD in neuroscience or other sciences.
 For more information visit: http://www.usuhs.mil/

No comments:

Post a Comment