Saturday, August 18, 2012

San Diego, California: Research in Surgical Neurophisiology at UC San Diego Medical Center - Collin


Data collection for one of our projects
My summer was spent at the multiple UCSD hospitals doing research in the field of Surgical Neurophysiology.  Much of my time was spent in the operating room viewing neurosurgery and taking data for a research paper.  I got to see the upside of research and see the amazing topics being looked into and papers being written up with success.  I also saw the downside of research when data came back informing us that one of our projects was wrong and that our giant data collection trip to the Sierras and the entire project was scrapped.  My plan is to be a doctor and I want to continue doing research.  It was an incredible experience where I was able to see the role of research in the medical field
Data that comes in from all the head electrodes

For more information visit http://health.ucsd.edu/locations/pages/thornton.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment